If you’re looking for a window tint that seamlessly adjusts to your surroundings and provides the perfect level of sunlight control, then look no further than transitional window tint. This state-of-the-art smart film solution requires no power or wires to operate, making it a convenient and hassle-free option for any project. In this comprehensive guide, we will delve into the features, benefits, and applications of transitional window tint, as well as provide you with all the necessary information to get started.
How Does Transitional Window Tint Work?
Transitional window tint, also known as Stealth Tint™ Transition Window Tint™, utilizes advanced UV Transition Window Tint™ technology to automatically adjust its tint level based on the amount of sunlight it is exposed to. The tint changes from a clear state with a visible light transmission (VLT) of 75% to a dark state with a VLT of 25% when exposed to sunlight. This seamless transition ensures optimal sunlight control throughout the day without the need for any external power source.
The remarkable feature of transitional window tint lies in its ability to block 99% of harmful UV rays in all transitional stages. This not only provides protection against the damaging effects of UV light but also helps to maintain a comfortable and safe environment indoors.
Advantages of Transitional Window Tint
1. Effortless Sunlight Control
One of the key advantages of transitional window tint is its ability to effortlessly adjust to the surrounding environment. Whether it’s a bright and sunny day or a cloudy afternoon, the film will automatically brighten or darken to provide the optimal level of tint. This ensures a comfortable and glare-free space at all times, without the need for constant manual adjustments.
2. Energy Efficiency
Transitional window tint can also contribute to energy efficiency in buildings. By reducing the amount of sunlight entering the space, it helps to regulate the temperature and minimize the need for air conditioning. This can result in lower energy consumption and cost savings, making it an environmentally friendly choice.
3. UV Protection
The advanced UV Transition Window Tint™ technology used in transitional window tint provides exceptional UV protection. With the ability to block 99% of UV rays, it helps to safeguard the occupants and furnishings from the harmful effects of prolonged sun exposure. This can prevent fading of furniture, flooring, and artwork, as well as reduce the risk of skin damage and other health issues caused by UV radiation.
Applications of Transitional Window Tint
Transitional window tint offers a wide range of applications, making it suitable for various projects and settings. Here are some popular uses for this innovative window film:
1. Residential Spaces
In residential settings, transitional window tint can be installed in living rooms, bedrooms, and other areas where sunlight control is desired. It provides privacy, reduces glare, and protects against UV radiation without obstructing the view. The automatic adjustment feature ensures that the tint level is always optimized, creating a comfortable and inviting atmosphere.
2. Commercial Buildings
Transitional window tint is also a popular choice for commercial buildings, such as offices, retail stores, and restaurants. It helps to create a pleasant working or shopping environment by reducing glare on computer screens or merchandise displays. Additionally, the UV protection feature ensures the longevity of interior furnishings and prevents discomfort caused by excessive sun exposure.
Automotive applications of transitional window tint can enhance both the aesthetics and functionality of vehicles. The tint provides privacy for passengers, reduces glare, and protects against harmful UV rays. With the automatic adjustment feature, drivers can enjoy a comfortable ride without the need to manually adjust the tint level based on the sun’s position.
4. Healthcare Facilities
Healthcare facilities can benefit from the use of transitional window tint to create a calming and comfortable environment for patients and staff. The tint helps to regulate the amount of sunlight entering the space, reducing glare and maintaining a consistent level of brightness. This can contribute to a more soothing atmosphere, especially in areas such as waiting rooms, patient rooms, and treatment areas.
Try It Out with the Sample Kit
If you’re interested in experiencing the benefits of transitional window tint firsthand, the Stealth Tint Sample Kit is the perfect solution. This kit includes everything you need to install and try out the tint on a small scale before committing to larger projects.
What’s Included in the Sample Kit?
- Qty: 2 – 6” x 6” Stealth Tint™ Transition Window Tint
- Qty: 1 – Install Slip Solution
- Qty: 1 – Installation Hard Card
- Qty: 1 – Scratch-Free Scraping Blade
- Qty: 1 – UV Flashlight
The sample kit provides you with enough material to gain experience in installing the tint and understand its functionality. It also includes a UV flashlight to help you witness the automatic tinting process in action.
Installation Tips and Recommendations
To ensure a successful installation and optimal performance of transitional window tint, consider the following tips and recommendations:
- Clean and Prepare the Surface: Before applying the tint, make sure the window surface is clean and free from any dirt or debris. Use a mild detergent and a lint-free cloth to clean the surface thoroughly.
- Measure and Cut: Measure the dimensions of the window and cut the tint film accordingly. The Stealth Tint Sample Kit comes with two 6″ x 6″ pieces, which can be easily trimmed to fit smaller windows.
- Use Slip Solution: The included Install Slip Solution helps to facilitate the installation process by allowing you to reposition the film if needed. Spray a thin layer of the solution on the window surface before applying the tint.
- Smooth Out Air Bubbles: After applying the tint, use the Installation Hard Card to smooth out any air bubbles or wrinkles. Start from the center and work your way towards the edges to ensure a smooth and even application.
- Trim Excess Film: Once the tint is applied and smoothed out, use the Scratch-Free Scraping Blade to trim off any excess film around the edges of the window. This will give your installation a clean and professional finish.
- High Sunlight Exposure: For the best experience of the automatic tinting process, it is recommended to install the transitional window tint on windows with high sunlight exposure. This will allow you to witness the seamless transition from clear to dark tint as the sunlight changes throughout the day.
- Laser Straight Edges: When working on larger projects, Stealth Tint offers laser straight edges on all pieces. This will help you achieve a seamless and professional-looking installation.
Transitional window tint offers a revolutionary solution for controlling sunlight without the need for power or wires. With its automatic tint adjustment and exceptional UV protection, it provides comfort, energy efficiency, and protection in various applications. Whether it’s for residential, commercial, automotive, or healthcare purposes, transitional window tint can elevate your space to a new level of functionality and aesthetics.
If you’re curious about the benefits of transitional window tint, why not try it out with the Stealth Tint Sample Kit? This kit provides you with the opportunity to experience the automatic tinting process and install the tint on a small scale. With the included tools and materials, you’ll have everything you need to get started and discover the advantages of transitional window tint for yourself.
So why wait? Take the first step towards a brighter and more comfortable space by exploring the possibilities of transitional window tint. Unlock its potential and enjoy the benefits it brings to your environment, all without the need for power or wires.